My old blog: http://gizmo1021.livejournal.com/

My photo
I took the name of this blog from one of my favorite quotes from George Bernard Shaw: "Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." The way I see it, this blog and all of the experiences and stories that I write in it are, collectively, an account of how I go about creating myself in my daily life. My name is David.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

30 days

The time I spend interacting with social media outside of Facebook is close to nil. Up until this point I've felt like I never had time for Twitter or this blog. But recently I've been hearing so much about how these different social medias have been influential in the happenings in London, the Middle East and China, and so I thought I should make an effort to become more integrated into those social outlets. I'm going to try over the next 30 days to post more frequently on this blog and jump-start my twitter profile (I might also engage in LinkedIn discussions more, but we'll have to see). It's hard to stay motivated to do anything after a full day of work, but I think I'll get a lot out of becoming more engaged in this area. I hope to learn more about current events, our changing political and economic world, and just have more interesting conversations online.

So here's to social media and the new interactions it will bring.

4 comments:

  1. it is about time you posted more:) hope everything is going well. any new wedding plans??? or just focusing on the career? Todd and Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we just moved into a new apartment here in Greensboro so we're just now getting our priorities back in order. We hope to move forward with more wedding planning stuff soon. As for the career thing, I'm actually planning on going back to UNCG for my Master's next year this time. I'll figure out the career thing after that. Great to hear from you! Are you on Twitter, btw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. no not on twitter. sounds like you are getting settled. good idea to go and get your masters now. I did before we had kids and I could never imagine doing it with them. I finished mine the semester after we got married. good luck. erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have a blog btw. .. do you have it??
    erin

    ReplyDelete